The most common questions we get are:
- How big are the (large) stones compared to the (medium) stones?
- How much size variation is there within a bag of (large) stones?
- How many square feet will a single 10-lb bag fill?
In an effort to help you visualize, we took a picture (see above) to help compare the different sizes.
- Each yellow square is one (1) square foot. We used ruler tape to help you see individual stone sizes.
- Each square contains exactly one (x1) 10-lb bag of tumbled stones.
So here are some observations to keep in mind when selecting the stones you want:
- While the "small" stones seem to provide more coverage than the "extra large" stones, the XL are significantly taller as well and fill a vertical void much quicker.
- There is a lot of size variation within a size category. Especially in the larger stones.
- There is some variation in color, but mostly light to medium gray.
- Consider "blending" different sizes in your fire feature for a unique look!