First, let's point out that the stock configuration (right out of the box) is going to be "Clockwise" when you are facing the shaft-side of the motor. See Figure-1
If this is the correct rotation for your stove, then no changes needed.
If you need your motor to spin the opposite direction, then you will need to change the rotation by physically altering the orientation of the rear magnet.
Below are the directions in writing. Below that will be a video showing how the process is done.
Why a video? Because it's 1000x more informative! Please read the instructions, then view the video watching yours truly reverse the rotation of the Midwest Hearth auger motor.
• Hold auger motor in your hand with motor side facing you.
• Remove 2 black screws holding the bearing cap.
• Remove bearing cap.
• Remove the 2 silver bolts holding the black magnet in place.
• Remove black magnet, flip it over, and place back onto motor. (Do not flip the shaft, only the black magnet)
• Reinstall silver bolt(s) on magnet.
• Reinstall bearing cap. Reinstall last two silver screws.
• IF MAGNET OR BRACKET IS NOT SEATED PROPERLY OR OVERTIGHTENED THE MOTOR MAY NOT SPIN