What a journey it has been trying to provide the very best fire starters for our valued customers!
When we first launched this product years ago, it was an instant hit and we had trouble keeping them in stock. They got great reviews and we saw our customers reordering frequently.
Over time we were able to provide larger package sizes and bring our retail prices down as the volume increased.
In 2018 we ran into a wall with an unfortunate "bad mix" that accidentally got past quality control. That has since been remedied. We pulled all bad stock and the original formulation is back on store shelves.
This year, we are seeing a massive influx of Chinese sellers flooding the market with imported fire starters with a similar look and unknown quality.
Be assured, Midwest Hearth fire starters are still made in the USA from 100% natural ingredients (pure paraffin wax and recycled wood chips/sawdust). It's non-toxic and perfectly safe to use with cooking on your grill.
Thanks again to everyone for your support, and we look forward to a great gilling season ahead!
• All Natural - Made from wood chips, recycled newsprint, and pure parafin.
• No harmful chemicals or substances.
• Completely odorless and tasteless - will not flavor your food.
• Lights fast and burns long, even when wet.
• Lights most fires with a single square.
• Made in the USA
✔ Charcoal grills
✔ Barbecue smokers
✔ Ceramic "kamado" style grills and smokers
✔ Lump charcoal
✔ Hardwood charcoal
✔ Charcoal briquettes
✔ Also great for camp fires, fire pits, and more!
• Each package contains "bricks" scored into individual starter squares.
• Break apart a brick into individual squares.
• Place a single square into position in your grill.
• Light the rough edge of the square with a match or lighter.